Class Teacher - Miss E Acheson and Mrs A Godfrey
- Mrs D Extance
- Mrs J Walters
- Miss L Ambose
- Miss A Passfield
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
What are we learning?
This term we will be looking at ourselves; including our favourite things and our families. We will talk about Autumn and Winter, space, people who help us and look closely at a variety of festivals and celebrations, such as Diwali, Hanukkah, Fireworks Night and Christmas. Other topics may arise, it very much depends what the class are interested in and where they would like to take their ideas!
We will send out a newsletter once a term to keep you informed about what we are doing in the Foundation Stage and any important information you need. We will be having parent teacher meetings later in the term where we can discuss with you what your child can do and what we have planned their next steps to be. The autumn term ends with the Christmas nativity play which we perform with Year 1 and 2.
Our Curriculum Map can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
A few reminders...
- Please ensure that you write in the read log EVERYTIME you read with your child. We are counting up the number of times they read at home.
- Please can you provide your child with a snack to eat during afternoon play time. We are part of the ‘Healthy Schools’ initiative and we ask that this is a healthy snack such as a piece of fruit or vegetable.
- We request that all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child’s name, including PE kits. Often children will be wearing the same size jumpers and without names we cannot tell who they belong to.
- Please remember that the class water bottle must only contain water! We will be checking them regularly and empting out anything that isn’t water.
- With the autumn weather fast approaching please provide children with a raincoat and named wellington boots, even if the weather in the morning looks fine. We like to take our learning outside and children may miss out as we do not have spare sets for the whole class.